It’s the month of love and as the song goes ..”love is all around us… “
A wise person said that we must love ourselves first and life will take care of the rest. So, with that in mind, why not give yourself the gift of love today and every day.
Holidays are over and the pace is picking up so here’s our top, self love quick tips that you can sneak into your daily routine and make a difference to your life…
- Start the day right. Set your alarm half an hour or an hour earlier and use that peaceful time to get centered….it’s so important to have this ‘you’ time. Do some stretching, yoga, breathing, or simply have a cuppa and listen to the morning sounds or go for a walk. Take a few moments to focus on what you are grateful for and get some clarity about your intentions for the day. When things get crazy later, relive this moment in your mind and you’ll feel instantly calmer.
- Nourish yourself. On Sunday, do some weekly food prep and stock your fridge and cupboards with healthy and delicious food that you can grab and go so you don’t end up filling up on fast snacks because you got busy. Here is some great recipe inspo : https://www.movenourishbelieve.com/category/nourish/recipes/
- Stay hydrated…it’s important! Drink plenty of filtered water…keep your glass or bottle close by and sip all day.
- Make time to move your body every day – it doesn’t matter what you do, just choose something you enjoy or that feels right on the day and slot it in.
- Stop comparing yourself to others and be sure to hang with people that make you feel good and inspire you. Avoid the others.
- Look after yourself – make it a priority to get what you need to feel and look great.
- Take time at the end of the day to wind down and switch off so you will sleep better. Read a book or flip through a magazine, do something creative, reflect, journal or chat to friends or family…or just play with your pet.
- Most importantly…have a laugh, every day! It can be at yourself…don’t take it all so seriously.