Our self-care rituals to include in your own home spa retreat.
It’s so easy to get caught up in the ebb and flow of life, and sometimes we’re so focused and driven flowing in the streams of our dreams that we don’t realise the waters are now a raging river of responsibility, appointments, work and worry, often leaving us feeling depleted and stressed.
It’s so important to stop, take a moment, take a deep breath and check in with yourself and what your body needs. Especially after these summer months when our skin and hair can become a little stressed and dehydrated. Taking the time for some self-love rituals will not only help to protect your skin from dryness in the coming winter months, but leave you feeling calm, nurtured and rejuvenated.
Here are some mini DIY spa treatments that you can do at home using Coconut Tree products:
Coconut Body Balm
Use once a week after the shower as a self-nurturing massage treatment.
- Undress and stay in a warm room.
- Warm the balm in the palms of your hands to generate some warmth.
- Start at the feet using long strokes on the limbs, move up the body using circular motion on the abdomen and chest towards the heart.
- Giving special attention to the joins using small circular motion.
- Come to the face last, using the remaining residue of balm to massage the jaw, cheeks, eyes and temples and ears.
- Now RELAX, give some time for the balm to absorb. Lay down read a book, light a candle and play some soft music while you melt away into bliss.
Use once a week as a pre wash hair treatment for repairing dry, brittle and damaged hair.
- Scoop out a small amount of balm and massage into the scalp, focusing on the roots and ends on the hair. Using much balm as necessary to saturate the hair.
- Tie hair into ponytail or bun to keep in place and use a shower cap to keep in the heat.
- Leave on for 15 – 30 mins to allow the balm to absorb (maybe now is a good time to try the foot soak)
- When you’re ready, wash and condition your hair as normal, you may need to wash twice to make sure the balm has rinsed out.
- Including this as part of your hair care regime could help your hair grow longer and stronger, prevent damage, keeping your hair looking shiny and healthy.
Other mini spa treatments using Coconut Body Balm:
- Foot soak treatment – In a bowl of warm water, add a scoop of balm, soak feet for 15mins or massage a good amount of balm into your feet before bed, cover with socks to allow to fully penetrating. Wash in the shower in the morning (be careful not to slip)
- Bath oil – scoop a small amount of balm into your steamy bath for a luxurious whole body moisturising treatment.
Coconut Body Butter
For use on the whole body, this delicious body butter is fast absorbing to make an everyday self care ritual easy to implement into your daily routine.
- Mindfully massage from top to toe while enjoying the aromas of the light vanilla coconut fragrance.
- Apply before bed and wake to smooth, hydrated night skin.
Coconut Body Polish
Use 2 times a week to smooth away dry flaky skin revealing soft, polished and radiant new skin.
- Use in the shower on wet skin using circular motions.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Leaves light moisture to protect and give you a healthy glow.
Also use as a:
- Foot scrub
- Lip scrub
- Face polish for men
Remember you can have that post spa feeling of serenity and bliss, whenever you take the time to give back to your body. Make mindful self-care part of your routine and see the benefits go way beyond the skin, calming the mind and senses and most importantly, maintaining your health so you can continue to give to those around you.