Throughout the summer months, our skin can become a little stressed and dehydrated thanks to those scorching hot days that have sent us running for the beach, pool or even air-conditioning.
As the cooler months approach, the days grow shorter, the temperatures drop and the air becomes dryer, our skin is going to lose even more precious moisture.
Autumn is a time of transition, so we’ve put together our top tips to help skin recover from the harsh effects of summer and prep for the new season…
1. Even though it’s getting cooler, try to avoid really hot showers and baths. Ensure the water is lukewarm and limit your shower time to 5-10 minutes. Add a little coconut oil or Coconut Body Balm to your bath for extra hydration.
2. Opt for a soap-free cleanser that will lather and cleanse without drying out your skin.
3. Feed your body from the inside! We’re talking plenty of pure, filtered water and essential fatty acids to your diet to help improve the lustre of your hair and the texture of your skin.
4. Give your skin a polish with a gentle, natural exfoliating scrub a couple of times a week then moisturise, moisturise, moisturise to keep dryness at bay.
5. Don’t forget to continue to protect your skin from the sun….enjoy getting outside for fresh air and exercise early or late in the day when the rays are more gentle, and always, always use a face moisturiser containing SPF and a lip balm.
Oh…and have fun! A smile instantly makes us all look more beautiful.